The Pine Tree Quilt Guild is returning with an amazing show this weekend, May 6-7, 2023, at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. I went to my first quilt show to see my mom's art quilts on display. She's an amazing artist, and her medium is fabric. I return to the shows now because I find inspiration for my own photography art. From color design to composition, the art of quilts had universal appeal.
5 reasons to visit a quilt show with fiber-artists and art quilts
- Inspiration: Quilt shows featuring fiber-artists and art quilts can be a great source of inspiration for your own projects, either quilting or in another medium. You'll see unique designs, color choices, and techniques that you might not have otherwise considered.
- Learning Opportunities: Many quilt shows offer information about workshops and learning in the community. And, you get to meet fiber-artists where you can learn new skills and techniques to improve your own quilting.
- Community: Attending a quilt show can be a great way to connect with other fiber-artists and quilting enthusiasts. You'll be able to meet new people who share your passion for quilting and exchange ideas and tips.
- Shopping: Quilt shows often feature vendors selling a wide variety of quilting supplies and materials. You'll have the opportunity to browse and purchase unique fabrics, threads, and other supplies that you might not find in your local fabric store.
- Appreciation: By attending a quilt show, you'll have the opportunity to appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship of fiber-artists and art quilters. It's a chance to recognize and celebrate the talent and dedication that goes into creating these one-of-a-kind works of art.
I enjoy celebrating the incredible talent in our community. Find all the information to plan your visit here. Hopefully I see you at the show!